Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same day and more questions.

I have been looking at jacks but when I look at the underside of the bike it seems the lowest point is the two exhaust pipes. Can there really be that sturdy? How does one jack up a bike like this?

While looking through the forum for this question I found another post about swapping a side stand for a center stand. At that time there was a link to an ancient eBay auction for just this. That was for a CM400. Does some sort of kit exist for a CM 200?

I thank you all again,
Justin

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
The CM250C has a center stand http://shop.westernhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp, not sure if the frames are the same as the 200. One thing probably missing would be the hook for the spring that's welded to the frame.
GEDC2258.jpg
As for a jack the one in the picture works quite well, you'd add wood blocks to stabilize the bike and hopefully be able to set it to raise on the bottom of the engine

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Same day and more questions.

I have been looking at jacks but when I look at the underside of the bike it seems the lowest point is the two exhaust pipes. Can there really be that sturdy? How does one jack up a bike like this?

While looking through the forum for this question I found another post about swapping a side stand for a center stand. At that time there was a link to an ancient eBay auction for just this. That was for a CM400. Does some sort of kit exist for a CM 200?

I thank you all again,
Justin
My CM200 is also sidestand only.
Makes it a PIB to work on.......

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 1980 cm200t and I've had the need to rebuild the forks and replace the front brakes for awhile now and I've looked all over for a jack that would work for this bike. I never found anything, but what I ended up doing is borrow a tiny scissor jack from a friend's Toyota and the end of it was just the right size to slot in between the engine mounting bracket in front of the engine. I placed a small towel over the jack so it didn't scratch the frame. The only problem with this was that I needed my friend to sit on the bike the entire time. On a jack like that, the bike want to fall over on it's sides and on it's front. I think maybe you could put a wheel choke on the rear and that might keep it straight, I'm not sure as I've never used one. I think that most jacks that come out of a cars spare kit will work if you use it on that bracket, the problem with this is the bracket is slanted so hopefully you find a jack that can slot in between it. In my long period of researching jacks I did find transmission jacks that are rated for aluminum which might work to just jack the bike up from the engine, they are decently pricy though and I'm unsure if that would cause any damage or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts