Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a SL350 k1, when I have finished with the bike, I come back a couple of days later to go for a ride, the clutch plates are stuck together. Too get going I roll it down a slope with the engine running and kick it int first or second without the clutch, after a minute or two it frees itself up and off we go no problem. I use good quality 15/40 mineral oil. I have another twin that doesn’t have this problem, can anyone offer some advice? Thanks Lionel

·
Sensei
27,093 Posts
Check your oil for fuel smell, IF so change it.....Fuel thinned oil "dries" very quickly....
Petcock (fuel tap) MUST be off EVERY time engine is off......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your oil for fuel smell, IF so change it.....Fuel thinned oil "dries" very quickly....
Petcock (fuel tap) MUST be off EVERY time engine is off......
Ok, thanks for this, I always turn the fuel off, but early days after the rebuild it was running on one cylinder and definitely got fuel in the oil, but pretty sure I changed it since. However I’ll change the oil again and see how it goes. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Treat it like a British bike...if it happens to sit for a day or so, clutch in, give it a kick, then tickle carb, one more kick to prime, then ignition on and give a mighty kick.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I fixed the sticking clutch on My Goldwing by switching to a different motor oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts