Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting things back together and about to put the clutch back in and I can't remember which way the lock nut goes. One side is flat and the other has a bevel, which side points in?

Thanks

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
On which bike?......
General rule: "Specially" machined side (usually flat) against assembly (often for "specific" lockwasher, etc).....

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
66Sprint said:
On which bike?......
General rule: "Specially" machined side (usually flat) against assembly (often for "specific" lockwasher, etc).....
Oops sorry, get wound up working on a bike and you assume everyone else knows which one you're working on. :oops: This is for the 400T.

The flat side on mine has some nicks and burrs that may prevent it from tightening correctly when it meets the washer, so I'll dremel them a bit to smooth them out.

Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
CB400NB
41 Posts
Oops sorry, get wound up working on a bike and you assume everyone else knows which one you're working on. :oops: This is for the 400T.

The flat side on mine has some nicks and burrs that may prevent it from tightening correctly when it meets the washer, so I'll dremel them a bit to smooth them out.

Thanks Steve.
Hi
Just came across this thread as about to replace my Clutch on a CB400N Twin.

The official Honda Manual states that the Bevelled edge points to the inside, however, I must admit when I took the nut off it had the flat side pointing to the inside instead.

Would be interested on any views on this and whether you should change the thrust washer when replacing the Clutch as this washer seems to be the only thing stopping the Nut from undoing, or am I missing something here.

Many thanks look forward to the replies.
Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts