Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the moto in question is a 1975 CB360T. I can ride the bike for a while and everything is great but then out of nowhere the clutch will pop, the cable goes limp, and I'm stuck in whatever gear I'm in. Sometimes the device will re-engage and I'm good to go for a short bit but it's bound to happen again. In order to get anywhere I have to pull the clutch lever as little as possible to shift gears. If I go to far it pops everytime. I've pulled the left hand cover off but the mechanism on that side seems to be fine but it is what's popping and making my life hell. I've even changed it out with another one and it didn't help at all. I believe the problem has to be clutch side so I had a guy change the springs but it still happened. Any ideas????

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Re: Clutch keeps popping and I'm losing my cotton pickin min

Badger 5 said:
Ok, the moto in question is a 1975 CB360T. I can ride the bike for a while and everything is great but then out of nowhere the clutch will pop, the cable goes limp, and I'm stuck in whatever gear I'm in. Sometimes the device will re-engage and I'm good to go for a short bit but it's bound to happen again. In order to get anywhere I have to pull the clutch lever as little as possible to shift gears. If I go to far it pops everytime. I've pulled the left hand cover off but the mechanism on that side seems to be fine but it is what's popping and making my life hell. I've even changed it out with another one and it didn't help at all. I believe the problem has to be clutch side so I had a guy change the springs but it still happened. Any ideas????

Click here and read to your hearts content....there have been several threads recently about this very issue.

search.php?keywords=clutch+pop&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thank you sir. Doesn't sound like there is a good solution out there.

·
Registered
703 Posts

Badger 5 said:
Thank you sir. Doesn't sound like there is a good solution out there.
Well then you clearly haven't tried hard enough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ha, yeah I haven't yet. I'll be reading through these post several times. Found a few things I want to try out.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts

The adjustment of the slotted bolt/locknut in the sidecover is the key.......Start by putting a LOT of slack in the cable....adjust the bolt as specified (pressure minus 1/4 turn) and then slack out of cable...... There IS a "sweet" spot, but it's very finicky....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts