Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to work this morning, I noticed my clutch acting up. The whole pedal?/lever has rotated down about 30 degrees below where i had it set. I checked the arm and it has not loosened and slipped down. also, it did not seem to want to stay in gear.

for the last few weeks, i have noticed a slight grind when engaging into first gear from a stop. could this be related?

any trouble shooting would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Check to see if the bolt that tightens the shifter around the shift shaft (the shaft that comes out of the engine). This has happened on my old kx500 dirt bike. it wont make it go into gear fully.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am in the middle of changing my shifter cable. that was my first thought. but that lever was ON there good. i haven't had the bike running since i noticed the lever was rotated so low. i may just reinstall at the proper angle start it up and see if it runs through the gears well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i installed the new clutch cable and tried to adjust the cable but unsuccessfully. Whenever i pull the clutch lever, there is a popping sound and the cable loses all tension instead of a fluid even pressure.

here's what i did to adjust the clutch cable:
dial in the cable as much as possible into the clutch lever.
loosened the locking nut and turned the adjuster screw counterclockwise until there was tension and tightened the locking nut while keeping the adjuster screw in place.

any insight would be appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts