Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I think I found the issue but wanted to ask. When I'm at a light in first and let go of the clutch to accelerate there is a grinding sound :???:. It doesn't do it in any other gear. I looked today and this cable is loose at where it goes into the engine. Is it supposed
to be loose?

The bottom nut is not against the case and I can freely move the cable around.

Thanks! file1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Yeah it is not supposed to be loose. See about adjusting the clutch cable per the Honda Service Manual instructions. If that doesn't work, you may have to pop off the sprocket cover and check the insides to inspect the mechanism, as well as inspecting the end of the clutch cable.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
The bottom nut is a lock nut, it is normally tightened against the case to keep the adjuster from turning. The end of the cable housing just slides into the top of the adjuster(under the rubber cover), it will appear to be a little loose when the clutch cable is adjusted for the right amount of free play.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^and I can't see any connection between the loose lock nut as described above and the grinding noise you're hearing in first gear as you start out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts