Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of new levers [EBay] and a pair of new ends covers [real Honda].
has anyone ever put new ends on? looks like it might be difficult to get that small rubber end over the big ball.
HELP!
thanks Rod in AZ

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Heat the rubber covers up in some hot water and they should stretch right on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried hot water. no way. Honda must have had a fancy tool to do as many as they did. I will keep working on a solution.
Rod in AZ

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I bought a pair of new levers [EBay] and a pair of new ends covers [real Honda].
has anyone ever put new ends on? looks like it might be difficult to get that small rubber end over the big ball.
HELP!
thanks Rod in AZ
Red Rubber Grease could be helpful, in addition to heating them.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
What do the ball ends look like? When Honda started putting the rubber covers on them, they redesigned the levers with a smaller ball end. This is an original lever with the rubber cover pulled off.

Bicycle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Crankset Bicycle frame Bicycle tire

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
interesting, I will have to look at the originals compared to the 'new' ebay pair. Rod in AZ

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had thought about that. it's a really good idea. however, since I already had real Honda rubber ends...
I found a very neat pliers at my fav pawn shop. which I think will open the end up, without tearing them.
if I knew how to post a photo...[I am in the wrong generation].
Rod in AZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts