Honda Twins banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
Good to hear that you are optimistic for success after removing the gear and test fitting the clutch. My vote would be for milling the gear as opposed to the washer. I’ll throw out this relatively affordable option as well and especially since it gives you the ability to make a “best offer” https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/153541363875. I bet you could have it in your hands for $15, maybe even a little less. Of course some people like to work with what they already have and if you have a good relationship (or are cultivating one) with a machinist then maybe that is the best option for you. If you need a measurement of the gear to give to your machinist then let me know and I can provide that for you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Still not back together with this engine. :mad: We (and by 'we' I mean my wife) bought one of those huge playground things from Costco for our two year old son as an early Christmas present because it was on sale for more than half off (even at half off it was still a touch over a grand). I'm sure you can all see where this is going... I'll give you a hint: It's not going to assemble itself. So while I've been swearing at the inadequacy of the instructions and all the little bags of screws and bolts, the poor engine is still in pieces and sitting on my workbench. According to the Missus, I have to hang Christmas lights this weekend and get the playground finished before I can get a hall pass to disappear into the garage for a few hours. In the meantime, I can't seem to find the starter gear from when I took it apart months ago. That was back when I first got the bike from New York. I really hate to further Frankenstein this mill, but I think I'm going to have to break into one of the other engines I've got laying around and rob the gear for now. At least the weather is holding nicely here in Arizona, and I'm still able to ride the other bikes. All except the DR; it has a dead battery at the moment and my charger went "Tango Uniform". it never seems to end, does it? I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts