Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I was hear some noise coming from the right crankcase.. I pulled it apart and noticed the clutch assembly that holds all the plates was sticking out about half an inch from the clutch basket.. I can literally pull the whole assembly away from the basket, nothing is holding it in place. So my guess is that it was smacking the side of the crankcase, there’s a black line where it was rubbing.. see pics and let me know what is supposed to hold it in place.. stumped!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Looks like the nut fell off the end of the mainshaft.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
It's a 350 (by his previous posts, oddly enough one about a terrible noise!) so it should be a circlip. Hard to believe it was even rideable

350 clutch.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 350 (by his previous posts, oddly enough one about a terrible noise!) so it should be a circlip. Hard to believe it was even rideable

View attachment 273440
Boom! Problem solved! Ancientdad you guessed it! those damn snap rings.. unbolted the clutch assembly and the snapring/circlip was just dangling.. what a day! Really learning everything I never knew I needed to know about bikes with this one...

got her all put back together and seems to be running pretty good now.. shifting is a little stiff.. next order of business!

Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts