Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my K1 cb 450 does not shift from 1st to 2nd before taking LH cover I was attempting to adjust clutch by using method found on forum . I could not feel the clutch springs so removed cover . the little ball bearing is there . If I push the clutch lifter rod in should I be able to feel clutch springs or any movement. Earlier I replaced gearshift spindle ,wondering if I made a mistake when I put clutch basket back. thanks Kanga

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Jim the hook at the end of the gearshift spindle broke of ,replaced with used one.Now I am thinking the reason the hook broke was because clutch wasn't
working properly. When I turn the clutch adjuster actuator to make contact with push rod there is no spring from clutch . could the clutch be stuck

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
It is possible the clutch is stuck. I had to pull the right side engine cover to see what was going on. The adjustment can be verified since the pressure plate can be seem. If the clutch was dry when assembled, it will take a lot to break it free. The disks should be coated in engine oil during assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts