Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue on my K3 and the clutch adjustment when it warms up. Adjusted cold the lever has the correct free play and works well. When it warms up, the lever is close to half way in before it tries to disengage the clutch. Consequently, the clutch is not fully disengaged, making finding neutral difficult at a stop. I've never run into this on any bike before. Also, has anyone used the EBC Clutch discs before? Any good or bad reviews? Auto part Automotive engine part Clutch part Bicycle part Transmission part

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've never had that problem. Did you start the adjustment with the helix on the front sprocket cover, with the cable disconnected? That method puts the lever on the helix in the best position; adjusting it with the cable only could have that lever farther around in its arc, and allow small changes in clutch dimensions cause larger relative changes at the lever. When setting up the controls in a model aircraft, this is called differential motion, which can work for or against you.

Oh, and yes, I've used EBC clutch plates (and brake pads), with good results.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm having the same gradual difficulty on finding Neutral as the engine heats up on my '75 CB360. When the engine is turned off, of course Neutral clicks on like butter. Does this sound like an issue with the clutch discs?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Difficulty shifting into neutral could be the clutch not fully disengaged, causing it to drag, but it could also be oil issues, or even transmission issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.