Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1973 CB350G barn-find and I'm beginning the initial tear down. I've so far come across 2 problems:

(1) The clutch adjuster screw on the left side of the engine is stripped. What the best way to remove this? Impact driver? Also, is it possible to still get a replacement screw from Honda?

(2) I feel stupid asking this, but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the airbox covers to get the air filters out. There's a brass nipple on it that I can turn and turn but it doesn't back out. Does that need to come out in order to remove the airbox cover? The factory service manual is no help and I don't have the original owner's manual.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
robd1017 said:
(2) I feel stupid asking this, but I haven't been able to figure out how to remove the airbox covers to get the air filters out. There's a brass nipple on it that I can turn and turn but it doesn't back out. Does that need to come out in order to remove the airbox cover? The factory service manual is no help and I don't have the original owner's manual.
The brass nipple you're turning is a nut connected to the other side via a rod that goes through both air boxes, so to remove it you need to hold on to one side while unscrewing the other. The rod is #5 in the pic below, with the nuts being #14.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. I knew I was missing something simple like that.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
The central threaded "screw" part really does not back all the way out usually.....
It is captive in the ramp half.... Remove the nut and it can be screwed in and removed from the inside...
IF yours is damaged, I have several spares.... Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts