Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Anyone running clip on bars on their CB360 without rearsets?
If so, do you find it works ok and is comfortable?

I'm about 5.10 and finding my drag bars don't get me low enough at speed, really feel the wind as most of my riding is on country roads at around 100kph.
Thinking about swapping out to clip ons but wondered if rearsets are a must?

Let me know your experience.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Expect a lot more vibration since you will be doing away with the rubber dampers in the risers. 360s are pretty rattlely even when in good tune.

Sets would make it a more comfortable ride but each person is different. I still have my bike more or less stock, kinda like the wind in my face.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'm not a 360 owner, I just wanted to say that the closer your elbows get to your knees the less comfortable you'll likely be.

Try this:

Motorcycle Ergonomics

Here you can specify a bike, then add your height and inseam, then modify seat height and handlebar position to estimate your desired mods to get an idea of riding position before making purchases or turning wrenches.

I plugged in cb350 (twin) and moved the grip position under the top triple, it looked pretty aggressive but not uncomfortable.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I'm 5'-9" and ran clubman bars on my 350 with the stock pegs for a number of years. The clubmans probably weren't quite as low as clip-ons, but are lower and more forward than drag bars (and allow better cable routing). I never really felt cramped or bent like a pretzel, though. The small café seat was more of a discomfort, and the weight on my hands and wrists when riding at lower speeds around town wasn't pleasant after 20 or 30 minutes. The riding position was great at speed and zipping through the twisties, though.

Speaking of rearsets, I seriously thought about buying a set, but all of them (for the 350 at least) put the pegs in the same spot as the passenger pegs. That made it easy to try the position out - just get out on the open road and put your feet on the passenger pegs and ride that way for a while. Man, was that uncomfortable! My feet were too far rearward, placing most of my body weight on my wrists and private parts. Sort of like doing a pushup while straddling a 2x4...;). I know that's the easiest way to make rearsets, but the passenger peg location is too far rearward. Something about halfway between the rider and passenger peg locations would be much better.

30B5DFBE-FAFC-40F3-981B-80340F33CAAD.jpg

350 downtown July 15.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts