Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything is packed and the 450 is ready so tomorrow morning i'll make a 312 mile ride to the Classic Honda Club Sweden & Norways border meeting 2010. Hope I did not forget to tighten any (important) bolts or nuts on the bike. :shock:

First i'll ride 200 miles to Gothenburg. There I'll meet up with 3 more Honda nuts and we'll ride together the last 113 miles. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I'll take photos and maybe some videos and write a report when I get back.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Love to see some good scenery pictures... With the bikes in the foreground, of course.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a great weekend!

The first stint was 200 miles up to Gothenburg. There I met up with a friend on a CB750 who had studied the roads up to the meeting so we drove on small beautiful roads the rest of the way unfortunately mostly in rain. After a while we met up with another guy on a CB350 Four. The last guy to join us on a CB400 Four had really bad luck. He was standing by the side of the road with one of the carbs pouring out petrol. The bike has been restored over winter and he had used it on several rides but now he had to call his wife to bring a trailer. He worked on the bike all friday evening and turned up at the meeting on saturday morning. It was a small piece of rubber that had got stuck at the carb float needle so it stayed wide open.

Friday evening was all about chatting with fellow Honda nuts and drinking beer. The club had a mobile bar selling beer, wine and drinks.
Saturday was eventful. A vintage car rally visited the site at noon and then we went on a 40 mile ride out to visit a motorcycle museum. The CB450 in front of mine belongs to my hero Sven. He is 77 years old and still rides his bike to the meetings. I wish I am able to do that when I'm in his age.
[attachment=3:stwltohv]SSA52142-1024.jpg[/attachment:stwltohv]

Back at the site there was price a cermony for best bike and longest ride and who do you think won longest ride, eh?
[attachment=2:stwltohv]SSA52160-1024.JPG[/attachment:stwltohv]

On sunday I was guided through the Gothenburg archipelago on small roads over bridges and with ferries between the islands. Absolutely stunning. Here we stop for some food.
[attachment=1:stwltohv]SSA52149-1024.jpg[/attachment:stwltohv]

On one of the ferries.
[attachment=0:stwltohv]SSA52118-1024.jpg[/attachment:stwltohv]

The last 100 miles I used the freeway and the rain was pouring again and I had a very strong head wind. Almost home I suddenly lost one cylinder so I limped the last 30 miles. Yesterday I changed the left hand plug and that did the trick. Is it common that spark plugs just dies?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts