Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
"great deal" is a matter of funding.... For bikes in that shape, I generally offer one to one and a half dollars per cc (it has paperwork)...... So about $450/475 is as high as I would go... BUT, I'm broke, and I'm a cheapskate... That really isn't too pricey and it is a very desirable model....
Knowing that restored it would look something like this(below) might help

Plan on about $2700 to $3300 total investment if you pay the $700... The red bike is the smaller 250cc sibling, and the black one the 305cc big brother.... they are very similar bikes..
:D :D :D

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Yes, the Hawk or Superhawks are nice, However, (JMHO) the CL 72/77 scramblers (pictured) are the epitome of the "LOOK" of the period Honda bikes.... (the Superhawk is a VERY close second, but you GOTTA love those CL pipes!)...LOL.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here in the UK that would command big money, £1000+ even in that condition, standard CB72/77 are very very rare, the CL was never sold here.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Malcolm..... IF I had the money, I'd buy it...I just don't have the money.... I DO have a bare CL frame and several partial Superhawk engines and parts... Let me know if you need anything... Probably close to shipping cost only... LOL... Steve

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Haha I was just reading about this bike in the latest (?) issue of Classic Bike. Apparently Honda shipped only 6 CL 77's to the UK....by mistake!

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
krukster86 said:
Haha I was just reading about this bike in the latest (?) issue of Classic Bike. Apparently Honda shipped only 6 CL 77's to the UK....by mistake!
Yes that was a great article, Dennis was a friend of mine back in the 60's he sold me some parts for the CB72 I had back then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts