Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the cafe is just about finished :D so the next project has been bought out of the dark shed and into the light, well the photos have been, the bike will be out at the end of the week :)
This is the only CL K3 I have ever seen in Australia :shock: I have been told of a few and believe there has been one or two imported recently, but I've never seen one, She looks a treat doesn't she :lol: :lol: I wouldn't say she is rare, just uncommon.

And the engine is full of grass :( the PO told me that the reasion :roll: he stopped riding her was because his children saw him doing an oil change and thought they would help daddy :) and while he had his back turned poured dirt and grass into the open oil feed hole :eek: He said he just put the cap back on and parked the bike in the shed. At some point someone pulled the engine to fix it and got as far as removing the head and cylinders AND letting in more dust and crap :(

So what have i got myself in for, well around 18 months of solid work and searching the world for parts, that's a start :D I wet sanded the tank to see what colour she is and am very happy with Candy Red.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's a real good looker :lol: This one will be a restoration, I've been buying bits for her over the last couple of years so should not pose a real problem. The only major part missing is the exhaust, which, I'm in no hurry to buy as it will be the biggest expense :? The tank is dent and rust free but the seat is totaled, a complete right off, stuffed!

Oh yeah, the rear shocks are Koni's :D and i have NOS covers for them.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts