Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

New member here from the Madison, WI, area.

I have a bunch of Hondas, some old, some new, some street, some dirt, as well as a couple Suzuki street bikes. I've been riding since the 70s, and have done some MX, Kart, and Road Racing back in the day.

My current project is a CL450K2 I purchased in the 90s. It ran, and wasn't awful, but after I started looking closer at it decided it needed some serious attention.

Thanks to Kevin at Scrambler Cycle in WI for advice and parts.

Still need to locate a few parts, but most of what I have is usable.

I had a ton of photos I tried to include, but I'm not allowed to add links yet. I'll post them when I am able.

Jay

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I'm able...

This is how it looked before -

And more recently -

Got a bunch of parts done and ready to install -

Did the powder coating on the frame last week -

Got all new bushings installed in the swingarm and am working on the forks.

Some corrosion to remove, a bit more polishing, and new seals to install -

Some before and after -

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another one of my Honda twins -

Also purchased back in the 90s. Gave it a minor refresh, but not a full restoration like the CL. 90% original. 6800 mi. Original tires. Fired right up after not running for 20 years!

·
Super Moderator
10,307 Posts
Welcome Jay, thanks for posting an introduction with pictures. Very nice work done on the CL450. That model is one of my favorite vintage Hondas. Beautiful Dream too. You should start a belated project log for the finishing touches of the 450, we'd all like to follow along

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Good photos, nicely done. Like both of the bikes. Wish the Dream had come with blinkers, same with the 50cc trail bike back in the 1960's. They had the turn lenses but weren't powered up, I understand, because they weren't spread far enough apart for export use to the US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts