Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally have the gauges done, did them in black because the green face just didn't seem right with the rest of the bike

and was wondering 2 things, is the bracket that they are mounted on supposed to be painted? and does the speedo go on the left and the tach on the right?
thanks

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
The faces look nice, can you detail how you printed them and on what kind of material you used?

The speedometer goes on what ever side allows you to access the trip meter. I used to know what years were on what side but I've forgotten, I've got several of each type.

The mounting bracket gets painted black if you want originality.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
inkjet on 3M UV resistant decal, I scanned the the old faces and then used a 90% pan-tone for the black.
My gauges never had a trip meter, its a 69 CL450 I don't think they had trip meters I could be totally wrong tho.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Odin said:
...., its a 69 CL450 I don't think they had trip meters I could be totally wrong tho.
You are probably right, my '68 350 doesn't have a trip meter either and if it's any help, the speedometer is on the left.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a '70 CL450 and the speedo is on the left. No trip meter.

Those gauges look nice! Great work!

Derek

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guy's.
total cost... a case of beer! the hard part was cutting out holes for the screws and little light gems. I could have used the speedo as was, I did buy it NOS but the face was green, so it got changed along with the tach.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
scout4924 said:
Very nice!
MAKE MORE!
MAKE MORE!
if anyone wants some just ask, cost would be shipping plus what ever the printer wants, I already have the faces saved on the computer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts