Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of replacing the exhaust on a 1972 CB450 with a scrambler type exhaust from a CL450. I just want to be sure that I have the correct exhaust. Although it was labeled as a 1972 450 CL exhaust, the diameter is about 1.5, vs the original CB exhaust which is 1.75. I just want to be sure this is the way these exhausts were made (and that it's not for a CL350!). I'm assuming the scrambler exhausts were smaller in diameter for more low end torque?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

IMG_1114.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
The actual inside diameter of all factory exhaust is much smaller than they appear. They are double and partially triple walled. 1.5" is correct for a 450. 1.25 for 350.
I am in the process of replacing the exhaust on a 1972 CB450 with a scrambler type exhaust from a CL450. I just want to be sure that I have the correct exhaust. Although it was labeled as a 1972 450 CL exhaust, the diameter is about 1.5, vs the original CB exhaust which is 1.75. I just want to be sure this is the way these exhausts were made (and that it's not for a CL350!). I'm assuming the scrambler exhausts were smaller in diameter for more low end torque?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

View attachment 263088
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent... then it looks like I have the right exhaust. I really appreciate the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts