Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an exhaust tip off of a CL450. On the one piece style CL mufflers, the lower tip (after the can) is removable. I need the removable piece.

If the CL350 exhaust has this removable tip, it is probably the same part.

So, anybody cutting the old rotten cans off of their CL pipes, I need the exhaust tip you are about to chuck.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still looking for this CL450 Muffler tip. Anybody got one laying around? I'm not sure but one from a CL350 may work as well. We would have to take some measurements. It doesn't need to be NOS, just not trash.

The exhaust looks a little goofy without it.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
You are right....Other than the missing tip the bike looks GREAT!..... I'd be making one up myself...... (You do realize those aren't the correct K pipes for the bike, right?....Or you have the wrong tank.... K4 pipes, K5 tank...) Looks great regardless!....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Yes I know that the bike is a hodge-podge of different years. It is actually a K5 according to the VIN. The exhaust came with the bike when I bought it. I like it better than the K5 scrambler exhaust anyway. I had to do a lot of cleaning and a little repair to get it ready to go on the bike.

The tail light bracket is actually from an '82 but the brake light is from a '70. Ha! I'm not sure what is up with the front fender. The PO flipped it around or something. The seat also hinges on the wrong side. I've got more mods in store, but taking it one step at a time. The tank will eventually go as the front seam is rusty and weeping and the rear attachment has been removed so the only thing holding it on is the seat. :shock:

·
Registered
439 Posts
damn. i do think i had a few ends put away last year but i cant seem to find WHICH storage bin they're IN! give me a few days to rifle thru the 350 bins... email me later int he weekend. Glad to help out man, danWI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts