Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on restoring '74 CL360. The bike was in a partial state of disassembly when I got it, and was missing a random assortment of parts. I finally got it running have sorted out all the electrical and am now working on final assembly. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is where the regulator and rectifier mount. These were both hanging from their wires when I started this, and can't figure out where they mounted originally. I don't seem to see any mounting points within reach of the wires, so I know I must be missing something. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
They attach to mounting locations on the battery box. You may do yourself a favor by upgrading those to a modern regulator/rectifier combo though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies and recommendations on the upgrades.

The original battery box was one of those ‘missing parts’ I mentioned. l was able to find a decent one on eBay but not sure the exact model and year it came out of. It didn’t have any mounting points or holes on it other than the ears for the starter solenoid. It looks like I will be getting out the drill...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for the replies and recommendations on the upgrades.

The original battery box was one of those ‘missing parts’ I mentioned. l was able to find a decent one on eBay but not sure the exact model and year it came out of. It didn’t have any mounting points or holes on it other than the ears for the starter solenoid. It looks like I will be getting out the drill...
Some of the earliest ones never had a voltage regulator. Pissible your box is from 68/69?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,550 Posts
Some of the earliest ones never had a voltage regulator. Pissible your box is from 68/69?

360s always had regulators, the regulator attached to the bottom of the battery box, the rectifier was on the back if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Bottom of the batteru back has two holes for the regulatlothe reftlifier mounts to the long clips on the rear side of the battery box

Get a kohler!
Your battery will thank you. Best 20$ you can spend.

The Sparck Moto unit is only $15 more than the Kohler and superior in just about every way. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts