Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would check in here and find a replacement cylinder head stud for my 68 Cl350. A PO decided to "repair" as opposed to replace one in my bike. I would prefer not to use a repaired part in my rebuild.

20190511_171046.jpg

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question... it is a question right?

Are you asking if anyone has a stud?
Or
What is the best source to get a stud?

I'd certainly agree with you on getting a new one! The overall force on the whole top end needs to be equal. Critically equal! The torque is not extreme on these fasteners given their length and smallish size, but the fact someone apparently already twisted it off introduces several additional factors of concern. How stressed are the remaining studs? Have any of them been over torqued, but just short of breaking? I'd take a very close look at all of them if you haven't already.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure I understand the question... it is a question right?

Are you asking if anyone has a stud?
Or
What is the best source to get a stud?

I'd certainly agree with you on getting a new one! The overall force on the whole top end needs to be equal. Critically equal! The torque is not extreme on these fasteners given their length and smallish size, but the fact someone apparently already twisted it off introduces several additional factors of concern. How stressed are the remaining studs? Have any of them been over torqued, but just short of breaking? I'd take a very close look at all of them if you haven't already.
Yep, looking for a replacement stud. I guess I was vague.
I have ran across new and used on Ebay and of course at the Honda parts sites. Thought I would check here before ordering.
And I am thinking of replacing all of them. But I fear the idea that I might open up another can of worms. In other words I can't decide if I want to stick my head in the stand and pretend all is well with the other ones when I don't know for sure..

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a set of 8 taken from a 1971 CB350 donor engine. I do not know the Honda spec for the correct length, but they are all straight and all the threads are good. I can measure and send a pic if you are interested. I live in NJ. PM me if you are interested.

John

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a set of 8 taken from a 1971 CB350 donor engine. I do not know the Honda spec for the correct length, but they are all straight and all the threads are good. I can measure and send a pic if you are interested. I live in NJ. PM me if you are interested.

John
PM sent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
71 CB350 eng studs.

I sent you a description in the pm. Pics are attached here. eng studs 1.jpg eng studs 2.jpg eng studs 1.jpg eng studs 2.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts