Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! Out today on the roads in my neighborhood for the first time. What a thrill to get out of the parking lot and go faster than 15 mph!

Anyway, our roads around here have a number of dips and my bike was "boing-boing-boinging" down the road like crazy. My husband, the "crew chief" (el tostador that you just met in member intros) likens it to a pogo stick. So, here's my question for the experts: what kind of suspension system to you recommend that I get for my '71 CL350 that will be a little stiffer -- no more pogo'ing?

Also, while I'm asking for advice, what tires do you recommend for her? Right now, I'm pretty sure she has the originals. I'd like to go with a softer tire. Avon maybe?

Thanks for any advice you have!

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
ScubaMare said:
Hey Guys! Out today on the roads in my neighborhood for the first time. What a thrill to get out of the parking lot and go faster than 15 mph!

Anyway, our roads around here have a number of dips and my bike was "boing-boing-boinging" down the road like crazy. My husband, the "crew chief" (el tostador that you just met in member intros) likens it to a pogo stick. So, here's my question for the experts: what kind of suspension system to you recommend that I get for my '71 CL350 that will be a little stiffer -- no more pogo'ing?

Also, while I'm asking for advice, what tires do you recommend for her? Right now, I'm pretty sure she has the originals. I'd like to go with a softer tire. Avon maybe?

Thanks for any advice you have!
You don't need stiffer shocks, just some shocks that reasonable damping. Do a search on this site on Red Wing Shocks and see if you can come up with a link.

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
Avons are what I run...Roadriders.
how much do you want to spend on shocks? Hagon's are a good modern shock that looks vintage but cost a bit more than redwing

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I experienced the same thing on my cb350. I purchased Hagon shocks. In addition to not bouncing me out of my seat, it's improved the handling as well. The bike feels more solid in a corner now.
Around $200 for the basic set, but totally worth it in my opinion.
They're also the nicest company in the world...

http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/cgi ... HOCKS.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys. My husband put Hagon shocks on this Triumph and loved them. Probably worth the extra $ to go that route. Thanks also for the advice on the tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts