Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With this 19 front wheel the bike leans over waaaay too much. Is there another model with a longer kick stand I could bolt on?

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Use the Center Stand.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the same issue. I have a rubber exhaust hanger from my w126 mercedes strapped to the bottom of the kickstand to act as a "foot" and give me an extra 3/4" or so of height, but even with that the bike still leans over farther than I'd like.

Use the Center Stand.
Same issue here, with the bike on the center stand, at least 65-70% of the bike's weight is still on the tires, meaning you can roll the bike forward and backward with the centerstand and both wheels touching the asphalt. These two issues have bothered the hell out of me ever since I acquired my CL350. It's as if Honda made centerstands and kickstands all one length, and just didn't even consider the consequences of fitting these same parts to bikes with different front wheel diameters.

I have been considering cutting/welding extensions onto both legs of the centerstand and the kickstand as well, but as I don't own my own welder, haven't gotten around to it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,936 Posts
Got way oversize tires on there? With the stock 3.00-19 front, and 3.50-18 rear, both the side stand and the centerstand are a perfect fit on my CL350. I`m guessing you must either have big tires, or some previous owner did something strange with the stands.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have the same problem on my 350 and my 175. The bike is practically leaning over 35* when on the side stand. I took mine off of the 175 for this reason.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just use the center 99% of the time too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Longer than stock rear shocks can also cause excessive lean on the side stand and tire contact with the ground on the center stand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts