Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
71 CL350. Carbs have odd jets im not familiar with. Pushed in jets in bowl with a spring type holder the bowl presses against to hold in place, and a screw in type jet with a rubber plug. Wondering what sizes are stock for all three as my new kits had different mix screws than stock.

Where can i find jets for this and what is a good start others have been successful with? Is shimming the needles necessary on these carbs/bikes? Im not new to rejetting and plug chops, just not familiar with these carbs/jets.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
It should be stamped on a flat spot on the side of the carb body.

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
Most pods don’t work with these carbs. There is a set of UNI and one or two from K&N that work min these carbs

all the little pods are terrible for these carbs. Stock sizes are 35, 105, 68

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 3D carbs. Are these correct for my engine? I also noticed theres are two air jets.. info on these? Ive usually only dealt with mains, pilots, and needles when rejetting/tuning.

Venturi 28mm
Main Jet Primary #70 , Secondary #105
Air Jet Primary #150 , Secondary #50
Pilot Air Jet #90
Pilot Jet #35
Pilot Screw 1 +/- 1/8 turns out
Float Level 26mm or 1.05"

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
Where did you get these specs?
Air Jet Primary #150 , Secondary #50
Pilot Air Jet #90
"
Yes 3D carbs are correct for your K3 bike.
your primary, secondary, pilot, float height and base idle mixture settings are the correct stock jets/settings. I use 68 for the primary above as it was stock for other years

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
I can make them work with K&N filters.
They can't be 'jetted' directly as you will have either a super rich or super lean condition around 4,000rpm or 7,000rpm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts