Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was draining my '70 CL350's tank today for removal. Was surprised to find about 1/3 gallon of fuel left in the tank after draining with petcock set to reserve. No sediment or clog... Anyone out there know if that '70 tank took a specific/oddball petcock? I used a K&L 18-4150, which was at least advertised as the correct one, but I've been burned by "fits multiple models and years" before.
tank.jpg

·
Registered
641 Posts
Never had more than a 1/2 pint left over in mine, i have the same aftermaket petcock on both of my 72 cl's 175 and 350. Were you on the center stand too?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hows the tank cushions, does the tank still fit snugly? There are a few varibles though, slope of floor, front tire size. My garage floor is level, and i have stock size tires. And is there any debris in the cross over gas line?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I guess the easiest way to ease your mind, would be drain it on rubber. Then checking how much gas is left. For me, i top off before leaving garage. And at 100 miles im already looking for a gas station, more like my garage

·
Registered
138 Posts
Say, does the hose connecting either lobe of your tank run under the frame or hoop over it?

I have mine just going over because I lift it up all the time but I think its supposed to go under. I'm not a physics expert and haven't gone on reserve yet but that may be an issue getting all the gas from the left tank.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Say, does the hose connecting either lobe of your tank run under the frame or hoop over it?

I have mine just going over because I lift it up all the time but I think its supposed to go under. I'm not a physics expert and haven't gone on reserve yet but that may be an issue getting all the gas from the left tank.
Or, the crossover hose could be stopped up, trapping gas on the other side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts