Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have officialy started the resto on the 73 CL350. Hunter started with polishing the exhaust I was able to aquire. I have been purchasing a lot of bits to move this project along.

Attachments

Reactions: Editor and oupa

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is what were starting with

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you can see from the rear tire this was being used as a field / dirt bike. We have aquried the proper exhaust, all the tune u parts, a rebuilt set of carbs, tires, chain and sprokets. Still looking for tail light assembly, turn signals, headlight bucket. Also need a good seat or seat cover. And lots and lots of polishing. Our short term goal is to have this up and running and looking as good as possible by 4/28. The date of the Oely Pa. Ama Perkiomon swap meet and show. Hunter wants to enter it in the Youth show class.

Reactions: ancientdad

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
You just missed a free taillight assembly that would likely have fit the bike... someone was giving away unused parts just a couple days ago. Post in the Parts Wanted section, you never know what might turn up

·
Registered
453 Posts
As you can see from the rear tire this was being used as a field / dirt bike. We have aquried the proper exhaust, all the tune u parts, a rebuilt set of carbs, tires, chain and sprokets. Still looking for tail light assembly, turn signals, headlight bucket. Also need a good seat or seat cover. And lots and lots of polishing. Our short term goal is to have this up and running and looking as good as possible by 4/28. The date of the Oely Pa. Ama Perkiomon swap meet and show. Hunter wants to enter it in the Youth show class.
Hey man, I am also doing a CL350 build with my dad, so it's nice to see more of these. Hunter looks like he's a bit younger than me though, I'm 28. Anyway, my build is a restomod, so I'm letting go of quite a few OEM pieces I won't be using on the bike. I have a seat for you (in great shape!) and potentially turn signals and headlight bucket. PM me for details.

And you can check out my build with the link in my signature if you want. I may have troubleshot some of the same things you will eventually run into.

Mike

·
Registered
755 Posts
What a great idea. You'll both remember this all your lives - him even more than you. Enjoy the process and don't agonize over "mistakes" or accidents. THOSE will be the things the memories are made of. Thinking back to my own times with my late dad and the "projects" with my own sons, you'll just have to take my word on this. ;)

Reactions: CBjamie

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool! That's a tight schedule, so remember, no cussing or throwing tools...:D
Yes it is tight, I'm also trying to get my '64' C110 up and runnung for the same show.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Yes it is tight, I'm also trying to get my '64' C110 up and runnung for the same show.
I'll be getting my '69 CL350 ready for a show on that same date. All I need to do with it is charge the battery, change the oil, and clean it up a bit, though (I hope).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rebuilt carbs have arrived and they look good. Just got a little XL80s runing for my youngest son. Now we can get the CL up on the lift and workin on it.

Reactions: oupa

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CL on the lift, removed ignition switch to take to locksmith to have a key made. Filled the tank with metal rescue to remove what little rust is in there. Removed the engine side cover to inspect the clutches, nice and clean inside. The plan is doing the mechanical stuff first get it running well then clean it all up. Good start for the first weekend of work.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Maybe too late for this suggestion, but I found a NOS key for mine on eBay. There are a few sellers with a good stock of them listed by lock number.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe too late for this suggestion, but I found a NOS key for mine on eBay. There are a few sellers with a good stock of them of them listed by lock number.
Thanks for the tip. My local locksmith only charges me $12 to fit a key and usually have it with in a day. He's done quit a few for me.

Reactions: 83XLX

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New tires installed, Hunter is polishing up the wheels and hubs, He's got his work cut out for him on the rear hub. :) We will eventually need a better rear hub as the outer edge of the hub on the brake drum side is chipped up, it wont effect use just looks bad. I was busy installing new points and condensor, also cleaned and lubed up the advancer mechanism. Photo's coming soon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You just missed a free taillight assembly that would likely have fit the bike... someone was giving away unused parts just a couple days ago. Post in the Parts Wanted section, you never know what might turn up
I have a tail light assembly from a 70' CL350 I'd be willing to give you for the cost of shipping. Its in fairly good shape. Just some light scratches on the left side.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a tail light assembly from a 70' CL350 I'd be willing to give you for the cost of shipping. Its in fairly good shape. Just some light scratches on the left side.
Mountiangoat, I will take you up on that offer. Thank you very much. I've sent you a pm

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awesome idea. I hope you enjoy the project, but more importantly the time with your son. Congrats on a great decision!

Pics would be awesome too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts