Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am hoping that someone can provide a little bit of guidance on this frustrating situation I've been in for the past two weeks. This 1973 CL350 was running just last season. Im trying to install a new headlamp and right side switch and cannot figure out how to get either of them working and I'm sure it's because one must be working for the other to. I have no right side switch currently. I've tested battery, starter solenoid, all black Honda harness wires and fuse and all had 12v. I've confirmed that the right side switch is grounded. After that I'm lost. I've trying on multiple occasions to follow numerous wiring diagrams I've found online and none seem to help me.

Is there something simple I'm missing? Is there a methodical way I can connect each component and test before moving on to the next? I have no left side switch hooked up currently. Also, my rear brake lights seems to not be working also.

The wire colors are different but I took the switch apart to see where the wires connected.

Picture 1 is the right side switch wires.
Blue/white - starter button
Red/white - run (could be off)
Brown - off (could be on)
Blue - lights
Blue/black -lights
Red/orange - lights

Picture 2 is the switch (only on/off for light)

Picture 3 is of the headlamp wires

Picture 4 is of my rats nest

Please help someone. I really want to see some signs of life from this bike!!

20190428_180526_1556490022846.jpg

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
If you have a multimeter and can be at the bike, phone me at 540-525-5199 and we'll run through it and get the wiring sorted.....Call anytime, I'm up late and retired.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey 66Sprint,

Thanks for reply. I was actually hoping to see a response from you as I've noticed you've provided great help to many others in this electrical section. Is around 6pm EST tonight an ok time to call?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
66Sprint got me all fixed up. So grateful for a community that is so willing to lend a helping hand.

Possible burned out tail light bulb and need to buy a horn button but other than that the bike is now running. Got it started for the first time in 2 years today. Thanks again Steve.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts