Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CL350K1 and have discovered the cam timing is out. I’ve read everything I can find on the site but can’t find any info on whether its possible to re-time it with the engine in place. I’ve lifted the cam box cover to check alignment but it doesn’t seem possible to remove the cover to get access to the sprocket as it hits the frame backbone. I really don’t want to do a complete engine removal just to move the cam chain 1 tooth! I’m wondering if removing engine mount bolts would let it drop enough to give clearance, or maybe try to remove the 8 cylinder studs to pull the cover out? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Pull the motor mount bolts, maybe you'll get lucky.

·
Premium Member
7,864 Posts
You can remove all the engine mounts, top and bottom and then file down the top of the engine top cover till you can pull it out.

in all truth though, it’s easier to just remove the engine. Taking out the engine is actually rather simple.

your other idea of removing the studs is extremely difficult. And probably not even possible while the engine is in the frame.

before you go through all of this, have you confirmed that your timing has indeed jumped a tooth? For the timing to jump like that you likely have other issues like a worn out cam chain or cam chain tensioner rollers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts