Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this bike in the spring. Has under 4000 miles. It is curious to me why it accelerates smoothly to around 6500 rpms, then struggles until around 8000 rpms then is great at the top end. This happens in every gear and you can feel the bike/engine sputtering.

I am guessing a carb cleaning will be suggested but I am hesitant to mess with the carbs since it starts, idles and otherwise runs so nice. I am running sea foam through it hoping it will work itself out. Seems to be improving. Hadn't been run much in years.

Anybody have an explanation for this? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The carb has different circuits ( pathways for the mix of air and fuel to get to the head) the circuits overlap a little but each mainly effects a small rpm range
The idle circuit controls idle ( 1200rpm)
Then the piolt or slow jet , then the needle then the main jet Text Diagram Line Parallel Design

Personally I'd move the clip up a notch and see if that helps

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The carb has different circuits ( pathways for the mix of air and fuel to get to the head) the circuits overlap a little but each mainly effects a small rpm range
The idle circuit controls idle ( 1200rpm)
Then the piolt or slow jet , then the needle then the main jet View attachment 189210

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.