Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all looking for a recommendation for carb rebuild kits for my CL175K6, plenty on ebay but any idea on selecting good from bad, personal recommendations please i will have to import them as none available here in UK

Thanks, much appreciated Chris

·
Registered
545 Posts
4into1 will have them. Did you check David Silver in the UK? Don’t use the new brass parts unless you have to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4into1 will have them. Did you check David Silver in the UK? Don’t use the new brass parts unless you have to.
Thanks for the reply will give them a try, couldnt find them on Silvers but then i didnt have the part numbers to check with.
Regards Chris

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Best advice is to stick with the original parts, invest in an ultrasonic cleaner and give them a thorough clean. Aftermarket pattern rebuild kits are a recipe for ongoing problems. I speak from bitter experience.

David Silver does have a selection of carb parts, some OEM Honda, which will be fine, others only pattern, for example the float valve assemblies. I'd trust the float bowl gaskets and OEM floats.

If your CL175 still has its original exhaust, stick with the original carb settings, 92 main jets etc. Again, bitter experience.

I don't visit this site very often these days, I've moved on. Clue is in my avatar.

Come on over .....

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
CL175 has the 653a carbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts