Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a question about an o ring on my 1972 CL175. The shop manual shows as #11 in the diagram an o ring that looks like it would go around the bottom of the valve guide. I did not find these when I disassembled the head. Does anyone know what's up with these?

Also, I managed to find some Viton valve seals replacing the #7 engine n the diagram, but #8, the "cushion" is hard to find. Some folks say you don't need it. I was wondering if i can get away without them.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
You only see the o ring #11 if you have removed the valve guides from the head.
If you haven’t chucked them yet the cushion #8 may be stuck to your old valve stem seals. Worth a look.
Nigel

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Gixer. The #8 seals were found on disassembly, but they were not in good condition to be re-used. I was having trouble finding new ones and I was wondering if they are actually needed.

What's the best way to get the valve guides out to change that #11 seal? I thought I read the guides have to be pressed in so I may leave those well enough alone.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Have you got the factory service manual? It tells you in there how to remove valve guides and recut the seats so they are concentric to the valve stems. Do a Utube search for valve guide replacement.
Nigel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts