Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 1972 cl175 started last weekend but had two problems - huge leak at the fuel valve and fuel flowing out of the carb overflow hose. I ordered a new rubber gasket for the fuel valve so leak number one solved. I read an old post that said the overflowing carb was float height. I bent the tab on the float a little and that solved the overflow issue but now I am not getting enough fuel. It starts and runs but then bogs down and dies like it’s fuel starved. I thought I had the float height set at 21 mm but now I’m not exactly sure I’m measuring it correctly and what about the tab that touches the pin. If anyone has a picture of how it is supposed to look I’d appreciate it.

·
Registered
Cl350 Cl175
21 Posts
I got my 1972 cl175 started last weekend but had two problems - huge leak at the fuel valve and fuel flowing out of the carb overflow hose. I ordered a new rubber gasket for the fuel valve so leak number one solved. I read an old post that said the overflowing carb was float height. I bent the tab on the float a little and that solved the overflow issue but now I am not getting enough fuel. It starts and runs but then bogs down and dies like it’s fuel starved. I thought I had the float height set at 21 mm but now I’m not exactly sure I’m measuring it correctly and what about the tab that touches the pin. If anyone has a picture of how it is supposed to look I’d appreciate it.

Dude I'm working on the same bike same year. I'm used to my 350 but found a 175 in decent shape but it has been sitting outside for a while. anyway the guy had put new carbs on but they were totally overflowing so I messed with them for a while and adjusted the float height but still had problems so I just cleaned the original ones and put them on. No more flooding but I'm running too rich. lots of white smoke and I'm also not able to rev past 5,000 rpms. good news is she runs and on both cylinders. I adjusted the slide needle to lean out the mixture and have adjusted the screws a bunch to try and find the right mix but still having trouble. so is the proper height 21? cuz I have also seen 28. anyway how is yours doing now?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts