Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team,
I keep trudging on with my first restore. What I thought was a complete, possible running motorcycle, instead is a somewhat complete motorcycle which the previous rider mucked up as much as possible in 25,000 miles. Non-metric bolts, no jet in one carb,

Looking for suggestions for the exhaust. It has the typical pitted chrome, seems to be structurally sound except one spot. Shorter exhaust pipe has burned area where exhaust mates with engine. Same pipe has about 1/8 inch of soot on the inside (tells me the carb is afu). I'll look for a welder who can weld in a large washer for a mating surface. What about the chrome? What are my options?

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Well just a quick glance and i think i would look to ebay for a good used set.
Maybe a 68 cl175 sloper exhaust might work.
I dont know if they will fit, but im sure someone who does will come along and help.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't think the CL175 sloper exhaust fits, IIRC -- unique to that bike. But happy to be corrected.

Reactions: chaindrivecharlie

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm restoring an cl160 and seems like finding a suitable exhaust or header for it is going to be harder than a cure for covid, surely someone must know if theres a header off another model that fits for certain

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
I have an excellent condition ( good chrome, no rust holes ) CL175 sloper exhaust in my loft. I bought it in error for my vertical CL175. I was told subsequently that it would also fit the CL160 sloper engine, but there's no way I can guarantee that. At the risk of me getting flamed again, I suggest that it might be worth enquiring over the other site, google my avatar for the link.

I paid £330 for this system, and would want to recoup my outlay, otherwise it'll remain there for my heirs to sort out, hopefully in the distant future, :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: circling the drain

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
There may be a difference in the flange diameters between the two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts