Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a fitment question: anyone know if a Cb160 front brake arm assembly will fit on a CL175? My current assembly is rusty toast (see picture) and can't find another in decent shpe, but I did see this one (pic) up for sale at a good price and wonder if it'll fit and work on my 175. Whaddya think?

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,093 Posts
Got a fitment question: anyone know if a Cb160 front brake arm assembly will fit on a CL175? My current assembly is rusty toast (see picture) and can't find another in decent shpe, but I did see this one (pic) up for sale at a good price and wonder if it'll fit and work on my 175. Whaddya think?
IIRC, It will fit the splined shafts, BUT the arm is a different length which will cause the cable to pull at an excessive angle, wearing it against the side of the adjustment bolt and resulting in earlier cable failure.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Look up the two part numbers and see if they are the same. There are some Parts sites that show what models each part will fit.
There are the early sloper models of CL175 vs the later more upright motor CL175’s. You don’t specify which model of CL 175 you have the brake plate from which could also come into play.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look up the two part numbers and see if they are the same. There are some Parts sites that show what models each part will fit.
There are the early sloper models of CL175 vs the later more upright motor CL175’s. You don’t specify which model of CL 175 you have the brake plate from which could also come into play.
Ah yes, sorry, my CL175 is a 1969 90-degree. I do know that the part numbers will be different since the design is visually different from my current one (in the pics). I just don't know if it would still work the same basic way for my model. But as 66sprint mentioned, the front arm shaft may be a different length.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC, It will fit the splined shafts, BUT the arm is a different length which will cause the cable to pull at an excessive angle, wearing it against the side of the adjustment bolt and resulting in earlier cable failure.....
Thanks for the info, that's what I was wondering. Bummer, the search continues then...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts