Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this cb160is a keeper. I have koni 76f 1302 shocks for cb400 and cb350 . Would these be an effective replacement for the stock rears? Also I have tarozzi rear sets. What do I do to retrofit to the stock rear pegs?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
If you can change the springs on the shocks to your 160 springs, it would probably be okay... the CB350/400 are heavier than the 160

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
Preload doesn't affect spring rate, only ride height.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Preload does not affect ride height persay...The shocks are still the same extended length.....It compresses the spring a bit making it require a harder bump/more weight/force to initiate movement (stiffer)
If however, you are heavier than that initiating force, the bike WILL sit lower... It also reduces available travel left.....

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
From Cycle World:

Preload: This adjuster bears down on the shock or fork spring and shortens or extends the spring accordingly. Many people think that changing preload affects spring stiffness, and while you can compensate to a certain extent for a too-soft or too-stiff spring by using preload, the right move in that situation is to change the spring itself. Preload is used to adjust the shock or spring to the correct range of operation within the suspension's travel-more preload will raise the bike up on its suspension, keeping you near the top of its travel. With less preload, the bike sits lower and closer to the bottom of its suspension travel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts