Honda Twins banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, Jim. I'd really appreciate a copy,as well!

Cheers,
Shaun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi @ancientdad - I just joined Honda Twins and am working on a CL160. Could you possible share the manual? Also if you know of any good CL160 resources, feel free to point me in the right direction! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am now looking for the manual for the 1967 CB175 I bought for my son 13 years ago when he was 2! he turns 16 this summer and asked if he could learn to ride! I have never pushed my kids to ride as I know their mother will want me dead, but as he has asked, who am I to stand in his way!

we pulled the '67 out to start cleaning it try to get it running. Turns over fine but no spark. carbs are probably shellaced by now. Oil was clean looking since it hasnt run in 9 years but I have turned it over many times to keep it lubricated. we changed the oil anyway.

anyone know of coil/ignition wires compatibility? those bakelite things are the worst! LOL

a shop manual and parts manual would go a long way - thanks! Robert

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Check your conversations (PM's)
Partzilla and CMSNL have good fiches for parts, numbers and basic assembly

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I am now looking for the manual for the 1967 CB175 I bought for my son 13 years ago when he was 2! he turns 16 this summer and asked if he could learn to ride! I have never pushed my kids to ride as I know their mother will want me dead, but as he has asked, who am I to stand in his way!

we pulled the '67 out to start cleaning it try to get it running. Turns over fine but no spark. carbs are probably shellaced by now. Oil was clean looking since it hasnt run in 9 years but I have turned it over many times to keep it lubricated. we changed the oil anyway.

anyone know of coil/ignition wires compatibility? those bakelite things are the worst! LOL

a shop manual and parts manual would go a long way - thanks! Robert
Robert - that's great, you should start a Project Log for the bike and include that picture and backstory in it. Good stuff... makes me wish my Dad had done that for me, but if he had I wouldn't be a Honda guy now - it would have been 1956 and I'd have probably ended up with a Cushman Eagle, or a Harley or Indian :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Robert - that's great, you should start a Project Log for the bike and include that picture and backstory in it. Good stuff... makes me wish my Dad had done that for me, but if he had I wouldn't be a Honda guy now - it would have been 1956 and I'd have probably ended up with a Cushman Eagle, or a Harley or Indian :p
@ancientdad I'm working on potentially rebuilding my CB175 engine. Can I get a link to that manual as well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased a 1968 CL175, a barn "find" from a friend who decided not to rebuild it. So now... I'm going to try.

I know very little, treating this as a learning experience and noticed this thread regarding the shop manual and was wondering if anyone still had a copy, or knew where I could track one down?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I just purchased a 1968 CL175, a barn "find" from a friend who decided not to rebuild it. So now... I'm going to try.

I know very little, treating this as a learning experience and noticed this thread regarding the shop manual and was wondering if anyone still had a copy, or knew where I could track one down?

Thanks!
Check your conversations

101 - 120 of 146 Posts