Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I recently got an old, partially disassembled CB 250 from 1974. Which I want to bring back to life.

IMG_20171210_120444.jpg

At the moment I think I will transform it to some kind of Scrambler. The exhaust is rotten anyway so I was thinking about getting a "new" one from an CL 350. The CL exhaust would really underline the Scrambler look.

Can anybody here tell me if it can fit plug and play to a CB250G ? It think the engines are not very different and the differences are more or less inside the motor, so I hope the lead pipes should also fit the slightly newer 250G.

Anybody here who knows? I would rather just try it out, but these exhaust are terribly hard to find in Germany so I will have to order it from the United States which means postage might be quite expensive. So I need to be sure it will fit.

Any help is very appreciated :)

Cheers,
Carsten

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's the CB250G5, the equivalent to the CB360, which started being produced in 1973 and sold in 74'.
You have the pipes from a CL350 model that was made before the 360. It is actually an entirely different engine.

However, I have used the large finned CB350 exhaust clamps on my CB360. If the exhaust port output angles are the same, it might work (but perhaps not with the stock end muffler). There was also a CL360 scrambler, and that one would definitely fit. However, a nice CL exhaust will be probably hard to find for some reasonable money.

Actually, I have a pair of nice CL360 headers stored somewhere. I am from Slovenia, so postage would not be too bad to Germany (and no tax...). Unfortunately, I don't think I wish to part with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

thanks for your reply.

Yes, the question is if the exhaust output ports are the same angle on the CB350 as on the CB360.

I'm also looking for CL360 exhaust, but they are even harder to find than the CB350 ones. But I don't really have to hurry, I do still have to finish another bike before I can really start on the 250.

Cheers,
Carsten

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just found and bought a set of CL pipes for my 1970 CL350K2 off eaby. Damn near impossible to find good ones that arent rusted all to hell. Even the rusty ones are expensive. The head pipes are relatively easy to find and a set of "martini shaker" mufflers would look awesome. Thats my next option when my current mufflers go to ****. check out muffler options on dime city cycle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts