Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Just realized I had not posted a topic on my reason for being here ... :oops: I fonded for a winter project last year and ended up posting a 'sell me your tired and weary' add on CL. A guy from the next town over emailed and said I'm posting a bike on CL next week but you can get first dibs.

74 CL 200 for $250. I went over to Ozark and chatted with a nice down home kid (to me) who had upgraded to a CX500 and wifey as not interested in the little 200. I went home $200 poorer but with a project. :eek:

Broke it into teeny-tiny bits and parts and such and tackled the rusty stuff. By the end of warm weather last fall I had painted frame on a stand, a box of bagged items, and a box of thingies like ignition parts, air boxes, and cables and such. Since it's gotten warm down here in MoArk I'm a boltin' it back together.

Nope I ain't never heard the engine run, don't know the compression numbers, nor none of that crap that's important. But it ran last year (according to the PO) and I have a title, and a sometimes erroneous trust in others. We'll see, as I plopped a battery in it to start testing electrics, In a few days the cleaned motor gets implanted .... then the fun can begin :mrgreen:

I'll post up some pics here, will be my pleasure, but more details have been outlined all along at the blog I've established for the sole purpose of documenting this monumental event at: http://rufusswan.wordpress.com/

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
I like the looks of that stump of a work bench you have. Nice "back yard" project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts