Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I'm a new user here. I was helpfully pointed here and there's a lot of great resources, I'm just getting started looking around.

I'm trying to help my dad, who recently bought a low-mileage 1977 Honda CJ360T to ride around for fun. Unfortunately, the chain snapped just after he bought it, cracking the engine case and doing some other related damage. I think I may have sourced a replacement crankcase, but still need a clutch actuator rod, related oil seal (I think), and a gasket set. Also probably a few other things I'll discover as I go. Other than eBay, I haven't had a lot of luck finding sources for parts. Anywhere else I should check? Or anyone have a running 360 motor somewhere in the Northeast they feel like parting with? :)

Matt

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
If it's any help, I'm sure all the 360 variants used the same clutch push rod.

It wouldn't surprise me if some other model's part fit - take some measurements and post it here.
Other members can check what they have on hand and maybe come up with something.....

You can get a Vesrah gasket kit here for $40 -these are good folks, but they don't make the gaskets remember.....
http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/Index_Main_Frame.htm

I think the seal is 91203-292-005, which should be available from Honda (I think)........it's used on literally dozens of models - all 5-speed 450, all (or most) 350/360, 500F, 500T, blah, blah............

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Where in the northeast are you?
(please add to your signature line along with bike specifics...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Nashua NH but would be willing to drive around New England for a cheap running motor. On the other hand, I may be making progress in the parts department...

I just picked up a complete non-running motor today which looks promising as a donor crankcase and has an intact clutch actuator rod. If it looks good when I open it up, I might just need to order a gasket set (thanks tbpmusic) and a little time to swap everything over. I'll post some pics when I get things moving along. Thanks for the help.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts