Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is posted in the correct spot, but I'm wondering if the CJ360 and the CB360 have the same engines. Right around the same years.

More specifically the same top end. I know the CJ doensn't have an elec start.

I picked up a CJ for $100. But the problem is that the engine is froze. I pulled the #2 plug and there is something metal in the cylinder. Seems like a broken piece of ring that's wedged between the piston and cylinder wall.

My main question: I have a gasket set for a CL360. I'm wondering if that gasket set will work for the CJ.

Any input would be great!

I guess I can go ahead and pull the top end apart, and just compare gaskets, then order a specific CJ gasket set if needed. But I like to have all my parts there when I'm wrenching, so I can go ahead and wrap things up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Your gasket set will work just fine, though there are a couple of internal differences (such as a 5-speed gearbox on a CJ, 6-speed on the CB/CL).

·
Registered
439 Posts
good question really... i have both CJ and CB engines. the lower end cases are different but I have not compared top ends. I might take a look this week, then have a better opinion, danWI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts