Honda Twins banner

CJ360 tranny qyestion

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  leethal 
#1 ·
The CJ360 tranny is a 5 speed setup while the CB360 is a 6 speed. My question is would i be able to get a CB tranny cluster into my CJ case and gain the extra gear? Or is the case different making this impossible?

I was looking at the gear ratios in the manual. I wonder why they did not spread the ratios over the 5 gears so that the top ratio would be the same. The simply took a gear out!!!!

Man, they really did cheapen the CJ trying to sell more machines didn't they?!?

I might squeeze a couple more MPG out of her if I had that extra gear. Not to mention less RPMs to save wear and tear.

#2 ·
Dude I was asking myself that exact question yesterday! Surely the case halves are cast differently...sure would love to have a CJ360 engine to play with for a weekend. Do you think you'll get better MPG from the 6th? Maybe at the cost of clean gearing...

#4 ·
So change the countershaft sprocket to lower the revs.....Up one tooth should help a bunch without losing all the get-up-and-go from the lower gears....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.