Honda Twins banner

CJ250T filters on a CJ360 engine

962 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Dunewar 
#1 ·
I am having trouble fitting the filters on my CJ360. It is a bit of a frankenstein bike : engine from a CJ360 (origin unknown), frame is a 1978 CJ250T. So far the only difference I found is the length of the drivechain. However, there were no filters with the bike when I bought it, and I got hold of CJ250 filters and boxes, year unknown. I have trouble fitting these boxes, and the rubber between carb and airbox really distorts when I force it to fit. Is there a difference in the construction of CJ250 filters between years? The frame and the airboxes are both from a CJ250, but the date for the airboxes is unknown. It really looks like the airfilters should be way further back than they are now, any clues I am missing?

#6 ·
And so many times I post that cmsnl.com link and usually people aren't aware of the available resource - and often still don't use it but come back to ask more questions about parts when it's all out there if you do a little due diligence. Glad you're aware, we never know until we ask

#7 ·
Carbs are same on CJ250 and CJ360 so I don't know why filters would be different? . Swing arm is longer on CJ than CB so needs longer drive chain.Chain length may be different due to smaller rear sprocket on 250 although British ones 'always' used 17/34 same as the CB360

#9 ·
Thanks, that woudl be very helpful! I would need measurements front to back (how deep are they), from mounting point to mounting point, and specifically the position of the mounting points compared to thickness. Perhaps a few pics would be helpful too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.