Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my bike running good.. no backfiring..(got the carbs set right finally!) runs smooth and sounds good :cool: ...One question though..

On the right side...if i get close to the engine..I hear a sort of High pitched chirping sound.. Not sure what it is or if its normal? (I think i heard the same kind of sound from my 2005 CRF250. but on the left side of that (Cam chain side)

hope this makes sense?

LAST QUESTION PROMISE! :mrgreen:

Ethan

·
Registered
659 Posts
I heard a guys bike making a chirping sound once...later that week a bearing in his tranny exploded. But he said it was getting louder as the week progressed.

Just a thought.... :shock:

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Yeah.... ANY "chirping" is likely metal sliding/rotating on metal with no lubrication....

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Not sure what carbs (or bike) you're running, but if they're anything like the Mikuni BS38's on my XS650 there will be a Choke Circuit on the right side of each carb. My choke circuit has a gasket, and the cheap rebuild kits have a thin p.o.s. gasket that allows the engine pulse to 'chirp' between two passages.

I dont know if this helps, but if it sounds familiar....get a better choke gasket.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
72 honda cb350.. Stock 3D carbs...

Chirping was the wrong word..its like a Chatter only on the right side..at idle.. and i only hear it when im about a foot or so away from the right side jug/top.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No clutch sounds? Pull the clutch and stays the same?

wiemer

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Are you sure you are getting oil to the top end at idle?....The tach drive or tappets could be the culprits.....
Take the tappet covers off and start the engine.....Watch for oiling.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Rear left head stud oil supply check hex bolt?
Mine has.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes!

Even by kicking (when cold) oil comes out (sparkplugs removed)

wiemer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts