Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Keihin carbs on my CL175 were shot. I cleaned them multiple times in my ultrasonic cleaner, and rebuilt them using genuine Honda/Keihin parts, but the bike still ran terribly.

I ordered a set of Chinese replica carbs from Amazon, and installed them. The engine now runs great. It's been raining hard, so I haven't ridden the bike yet, but it should be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good story! I swapped a China made carb onto a 1980 CB125 a few years back. It ran great. Had it about a year and sold it and the original carb onto a happy buyer. I've rebuilt plenty of carbs and tuned a few as well. But the original CB125 carb had me stymied. Sometimes, a new cheap carb can make you happy!

·
Registered
74 CL360, 81 CM200T, 85, 86 & 87 CMX250. Invisible to cages, treat accordingly. Avoids Road Rage!
89 Posts
Nice to hear a positive story about those Chinese carbs. If you haven't already, Make sure you share a link specifically about those.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Keihin carbs on my CL175 were shot. I cleaned them multiple times in my ultrasonic cleaner, and rebuilt them using genuine Honda/Keihin parts, but the bike still ran terribly.

I ordered a set of Chinese replica carbs from Amazon, and installed them. The engine now runs great. It's been raining hard, so I haven't ridden the bike yet, but it should be fine.
You are screwed the Amazon carb are only good for scooter max 150cc might need to jet them for enough fuel on highway might bog

·
Registered
19 Posts
Working in a shop where i was the old guy who worked on old bikes I had mixed results with the china carbs. It seems some would work and some wouldn't. We always tried to fix the originals and if they weren't damaged or had a passageway drilled out they almost always worked. If yours works at speed share the brand and particulars for others. The 175's with long low restriction pipes sounds quite good, fires like a old british twin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts