Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone come across this issue too? I sync the throttle cables on my cl350 and then the plastic comes out of the end mounts or middle 2-1 and the length is now different and everything is not in sync. I am thinking its because of my cheap no name cable. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I had the same issue with some cb450s, and they "hung up" also.. I can't remeber if it was the cable lengths, fittings inside the 2 into1 or travel adjustment on carbs.. I put the origionals back on..

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
OEM is always best.

Reactions: ctrider

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Aftermarket cables work fine as long as the free length is in spec and the ends stay on. Keep the upper cable slack adjusted to the minimum free play amount and nothing can come out of place.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting to see these issues are not just my bad luck lol. I have adjusted it where I think it may do better, also picked up a motion pro cable that looks better quality to what I have now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any recommendations of where I can get an actual OEM cable, or a higher quality aftermarket one than Motionpro?

I am very frustrated that I cannot keep my carbs in synch with the Motionpro. The adjustments on the Motionpro are very sloppy and don't stay set. I have even tried thread-lock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts