Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting the 68 CL 175 back together again. I'm now focused on a sporty, mild cafe style, pavement- only build rather than a stock restoration. I won't venture far from stock-no cutting, welding, etc. - and I don't expect to shave much weight from it. It'll look fairly stock except for the seat, bars and other minor improvements. I'll always have the option of returning it to 100% stock as best I can. If you were watching a certain CL 175 on ebay last week you can imagine what I'm now considering. It sold for $4600 which seemed a bit spendy, but it sure was pretty!

The original rims are adequate and trued up to an acceptable shape for it's return to service, but they're both scratched badly, and have a few slight bends in the sidewalls. I think replacing them with lightweight alloys are the ticket, and these Akront-style things are selling on ebay right now for $79 each, shipped. That seems like a screaming deal to me!

Has anyone tried them or do you know anyone who did?

I'll be looking for tires too and am eager to hear about what sport bike tires are worth buying.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just scored two of these, for just over $120, shipped-or about $60 each. I'm hoping my used spokes will work, at least for the first year, until I can budget new ones. Their finish is not-so-good but they're straight. I will keep the original D.I.D.'s just in case but they'll never be show quality even if they're re-chromed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flanged-Al...ash=item48a4dd5467:g:XKUAAOSwg8taDGPv&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
272 Posts
Wish these had been available when I had to replace the rims on my CJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts