Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a photo of the exhaust I have on a 1974 cb200. Should I ideally change the jets on the carburetors? I rebuilt the carbs a while back with whatever sized jets came with this rebuild kit: https://www.davidsilverspares.com/CB200-TWIN/part_28108/

It's since occurred to me that maybe the jets should be a different size because of the exhaust? The air filters are stock but I imagine I may ditch them soon and replace with universal pod style filters because these stock filters seem impossible to find. What should I have in mind for jets? Where is a good source for them?

IMG_0592.JPG

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Any tips on rejetting? I'd love to hear what others have done after changing exhaust and/or air filters. Really just looking for advice to help get me in the ballpark. From what I understand the stock main jets are size 88.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
It's unlikely you'll need to re-jet for the mufflers but the only way to know is to read the plugs, ideally with a series of plug chops. The air filter change is more likely to cause issues and, even with re-jetting, it's unlikely you'll be able to duplicate the performance of the stock bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts