Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I got bought some pod filters and new jets (115's) for my cl350.
I was running 105's and old dirty stock filters. My bike would top out at around 45/50 at 5000 rpm or so.
I replaced the air filters first. She iddled fine sounded real good. Let the gas roll slowly and all was good untill high rpms were it boggs bad. I hit the gas hard in first gear and the bike turned off after 3000 rpm.
I decided to switch jets with the pod filters on. I added the 115's and now she woun't iddle unless I turn the speed screws all the way in or open the choke a lil bit.
my carbs are synched, clean, mixture screws are about a turn and a half out, compression is ok at R155 L160, battery is fully charged, air filters are not oiled. Should I oil them? What are the signs of a bike running too lean or too rich? What should I be paying attention to?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Reading the plugs after a "chop test" will tell you.......
The choke should be all the way open (off) for the bike to idle properly..........
Changing the mains shouldn't affect the idle much, They come into play mostly at midrange to top end.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I tought but when I add these 115s she wont iddle...
I gues I have to fiddle with it for a bit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I switched over to my 105 jets and my original air boxes but it still acts the same way. I have enough gas flow. I guess I have to start from square one again check my timing and points gap.
I would really appreciate some advise about similar issues. I orderer 110 jets but it looks like it wont make a difference.
Thanks for all your help Steve but I couldnt even make it out of second gear before she died on me so I couldnt run the test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts