Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, just came back from the store to buy chain lube. And boy there are a lot more options since the last time I bought one! :confused:

Regular chain oils, Graphite ones , Silicone ones, Synthetic ones and anything in between, and propbably some I don't even know exit. Curious what you guys are using? On my last sport bike back then, I used Graphite and seemed to work fine.

Thx

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I use whatever I come across, at present using semi synthetic but it doesn't seem any better than the GUNK chain/farm multipurpose stuff

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I have used various different types of chain lube and they all pretty much work as designed.
I do stay away from the nasty fish oil types though since they make a huge mess and stink.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I use PJ1 Black label for conventional chains and PJ1 Blue label for the O-ring. Comes in small spray cans so it's easy to carry on a trip, larger ones for the shop.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Never liked the PJ1 blue label stuff, it 'washes off' in about 20~30 miles in heavy rain

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
I always found Motule to be excellent for two stroke oil (I raced Maico 490 for several years)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts